Hello fellow food-loving health enthusiasts. I’m a dietitian and these are my top five kitchen tools that I use daily to make meal preparation simpler and more convenient. Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or an experienced home cook, these essential tools will make healthy meal preparation a breeze. So let’s get cooking!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A Versatile, High-Powered Blender
Smoothies are a dietitian’s go-to hack for increasing vegetable, fruit, and protein intake. A couple of handfuls of greens, some frozen berries, a little coconut water or organic juice, some high-quality protein powder, and a little avocado or high quality olive oil and you’ve got yourself a super-healthy and delicious breakfast drink or snack (smoothie recipe). The trick is to have a blender that fully pulverizes the ingredients, because who wants to drink a chunky smoothie?.
Vitamix 5200 Blender
This blender will literally change your life. Enough said.
- Variable speed control that can be adjusted while you’re blending
- Make hot, smooth soups like butternut squash or creamy tomato without any pots
- Make healthy, icy treats from coconut cream or fresh milk and fruit in minutes- no freezing required
- Hardened stainless steel blades mean chunk-free smoothies and soups every time
- Self-cleaning: add a little soap and warm water and your blender is clean in under a minute
- 7 year warranty: I had mine for 6 ½ years when I noticed it was blending more slowly. A quick phone call to customer service landed me a new unit, thanks to their solid warranty.
There are not many kitchen tools I would recommend spending this much on, but this baby is worth every penny! And when you factor the cost over 7 years the value is undeniable. I’ve had mine for 12 years now- if you include the replacement- and I use it every day.
NutriBullet Pro 1000 Personal Blender
blends directly into the to-go mug, it is perfect for those who want to blend a smoothie for the car ride to work or for those who do not need all of the features in the more expensive Vitamix.
- 1000 watts of power results in a pretty smooth shake
- Simple to use- just twist and blend
- Comes with 24oz and 32 oz blender containers that double as to-go cups with lids
- Easy to clean- just rinse the blades with soap and water and throw the cups into the top rack of the dishwasher
- Not as powerful as the Vitamix so there may be some small chunks or seeds from berries in the smoothie
Ceramic, Non-stick Frying Pans
Zyliss Cook Ultimate Ceramic Frying Pan Set
Cooking with pans that are free of harmful chemicals should be a no-brainer, and these pans satisfy that requirement and more!
- The ceramic, nonstick coating is completely free of harmful chemicals such as PFOA’s, lead or cadmium
- Induction-safe, Oven-safe, and Dishwasher safe
- Zyliss claims you can use metal utensils (a big no-no with Teflon and other non-stick pans), though I do not recommend this
- Silicone handle never gets hot
- 10-year non-stick warranty
Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart Air Fryer
I can cook salmon from frozen in under 10 minutes without stinking up my kitchen, and my busy teenagers, who are seemingly always hungry, can throw together healthy meals for themselves in less than 15 minutes. Since food cooks quickly in an air fryer, you can (and should) use lower temperatures to preserve nutrients.
- Cooks quickly and evenly (cooking basket rotates during cooking)
- It’s quiet
- Easy to clean- cooking pans and trays are dishwasher safe
- Seven functions: Air fry, broil, bake, roast, dehydrate, reheat, and rotisserie
- Larger than some, so make sure you have the counter space
- The included instruction booklet is condensed, the full manual is on-line
Multi-use Herb Tool
Kitchendao 3-in-1 Herb Chopper
Herbs are tiny nutritional powerhouses, boosting health and promoting longevity. Growing herbs indoors or outdoors is an inexpensive way to easily access their healing and flavor-boosting qualities. Enter the herb chopper/mincer/stripper to make the whole process easier!
- Built-in herb stripper for rosemary and thyme
- Four sharp blades quickly mince herbs without damaging the leaves
- Easy and comfortable to use thanks to the small size and soft-touch handle
- Dishwasher safe
Integrity Chef PRO Citrus Zester and Cheese Grater
Don’t toss those citrus peels! They are loaded with potent antioxidants and immune-boosting compounds, and they add significant flavor to salads and dishes.
- Comfortable, non-slip handle
- Comes with a cover to keep the blades sharp and protect fingers
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
Healthy cooking doesn’t have to be daunting. With the help of these five kitchen tools, you can create something healthy and delicious with in no time. Enjoy!
Pam is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with a Master’s of Public Health and a Certificate in Integrative and Functional Nutrition. Passionate about the science of health and nutrition, she loves to share her knowledge to help others live healthy, vibrant lives. When not working, Pam can be found hiking, traveling, and enjoying great-tasting, nutritious food.